Download “In the World” for February 14, 2021 here.
DECLARING HIS LOVE FOR HER
On Valentine’s Day, we give thought to voicing our affection for our loved ones. Celebrity Peloton cycling instructor Ally Love recently got engaged to her long-time boyfriend, Andrew Haynes. He took her to one of her favorite places in the world, a beach in Mexico, and surprised her by dropping to one knee and proposing. When she said yes, the private fireworks display he had arranged was set off, and the couple are now planning their wedding.
DECLARING OUR LOVE FOR HIM
When Jesus rose from the dead, He appeared first to the faithful women such as Mary Magdalene who had followed Him in His ministry. They first testified to the world of His resurrection, and they were effective communicators of the Lord’s victory over sin, death, and hell, supporting the advance of the kingdom of God.
- What’s the most extravagant or romantic way you’ve ever voiced your love to someone?
- Which is your favorite (or least favorite) thing about Valentine’s Day?
- What do you imagine it was like for the women who followed Jesus during His ministry?
These videos and materials are for your personal use. If you show videos in class, be sure to have the necessary rights to do so.
- Music Video, Traditional: “His Eye Is on the Sparrow” by Selah
- Music Video, Multicultural: “Where We Are” by Urban Doxology
- Music Video, Contemporary: “Be Strong” by Jon Egan
- Commentary on Mark 16 by Guzik and Barclay
- Commentary on Luke 8 by Guzik and JFB
- Commentary on John 20 by Guzik and the Pulpit Commentary
Get unlimited access to “Unpacking This Week’s Lesson” podcast when you sign up for our Church Support Program: https://churchsupport.davidccook.org/
Copyright © 2021 by Standard Publishing, part of the David C Cook family.
All rights reserved. Each download is for the use of one church only.