Download “In the World” for June 14, 2020 here.
VALUE THE WISDOM OF LEGENDARY PLAYERS
During the lockdown for COVID-19, professional NFL football players have been unable to meet with other players and coaches to prepare for the upcoming season (assuming we have one). This month, legendary quarterbacking brothers Peyton and Eli Manning had some sage advice for quarterbacks across the league. Eli urged the quarterbacks to take ownership of the moment and put in more work, calling extra Zoom meetings with other players. And Peyton affirmed the approach: “Instead of complaining about it, see it as an opportunity to really improve…. I think the team that wins it all this year is gonna be the team that’s really getting an edge during this time.”
VALUE THE WISDOM OF LEGENDARY SAGES
King Solomon was the primary author of the book of Proverbs, though Agur and Lemuel added their wisdom, as well. These keen counselors point out our need to seek wisdom from God. Wisdom has immense value in our lives, bringing joy, provision, safety, success, relational harmony, and the fear of the Lord. Happy is the person who searches for it as if it were treasure.
- What’s the best advice anyone has ever given you?
- Who has been a terrific advisor in your life?
- If you were asked to pen a verse or two in the book of Proverbs, what would you write?
- Music Video, Traditional: “I Will Sing the Wondrous Story”
- Music Video, Multicultural: “God not Guns” by Urban Doxology
- Music Video, Contemporary: “My Hope Is in the Blood” by Philippa Hanna
- Guzik’s Commentary on Proverbs 2
- Pett’s Commentary on Proverbs 2
- Matthew Henry’s Commentary on Proverbs 2
Copyright © 2020 by Standard Publishing, part of the David C Cook family.
All rights reserved. Each download is for the use of one church only.