Download “In the World” for November 28, 2021 here.
INCLUSION IN MAKING ANIMATED MOVIES
In a recent roundup article of the top 50 animation studios in the world, many of them were in Hollywood, as one might expect. Studios like Pixar, Disney, and DreamWorks topped the list. However, some might be surprised to learn that more than half of the studios (26 of 50) were not in the U.S. at all. Many were in Japan or Canada. Other countries active in computer animation include Germany, England, the Philippines, Iceland, India, and Turkey. Add to that the many individual animators and artists from scores of other nations who work for these top studios, and you’ll see that computer animation is now a radically international affair. These studios often have a surprising openness to international animators and artists. “You should be fine,” said one industry insider in an online forum, because “most animations studios/companies in the creative industry look mostly at portfolios.” If you’ve got the skills, studios will be interested, no matter where you’re from.
INCLUSION IN THE KINGDOM OF GOD
Our passage today shows the moment when Peter became suddenly aware that the salvation of Jesus is intended for all people in all nations. He took fellow Jewish Christians with him to the home of Cornelius the centurion, and all of them witnessed the Holy Spirit falling upon these Gentiles as He had fallen on the Jewish believers. Through the vision and this dramatic event, Peter began to understand that God offers salvation to everyone in every nation, language, and tribe.
- What’s an animated film you have a positive opinion of?
- How do you respond to the idea that the world has become more of a global village?
- What do you admire about Christians who come from other countries or cultures?
These videos and materials are for your personal use. If you show videos in class, be sure to have the necessary rights to do so.
- Music Video, Traditional: “Watchman”
- Music Video, Multicultural: “The Blessing” by the Asian American Christian Collective
- Music Video, Contemporary: “The Blessing” by the Asian American Christian Collective
- Guzik’s Commentary on Acts 10
- Pulpit Commentary on Acts 10
- Matthew Henry’s Commentary on Acts 10
Copyright © 2021 by Standard Publishing, part of the David C Cook family.
All rights reserved. Each download is for the use of one church only.