Download “In the World” for November 7, 2021 here.
WORSHIPING TOGETHER IN ALABAMA
Believers “of all colors” united in worship in Mobile, Alabama, in October. It was the annual Shrink the Divide gathering organized by The Pledge Group. “Today is an opportunity for a diverse group of believers to come together and communicate the fact that we believe the Gospel is the way to bring racial reconciliation in every situation,” said Roy Hill, president of the Pledge Group. This year, hundreds of people were in physical attendance, with many more watching online. “We have a message for everyone that will listen,” said Hill. “Through Christ, we’re all family. We’re all brothers and sisters, and we need to start treating each other that way.”
WORSHIPING TOGETHER IN HEAVEN
Christ is the great uniter and Savior of humanity. Our passage today pulls back the curtain on a scene in heaven, in which people from all nations and tongues unite in praise of Jesus. Whatever factors might’ve divided these people in life are overwhelmed by the family relationship we share with every believer in Christ.
- Have you seen racial unity in our country increasing or decreasing in recent years? Why do you think that is?
- How can you take a step toward uniting with a believer in Christ who may be different from you in external ways?
- What are you most looking forward to in eternity?
These videos and materials are for your personal use. If you show videos in class, be sure to have the necessary rights to do so.
- Music Video, Traditional: “Take Up Thy Cross, the Savior Said”
- Music Video, Multicultural: “I’m Here for You” by Jonathan Traylor
- Music Video, Contemporary: “I’m Here for You” by Jonathan Traylor
- Guzik’s Commentary on Revelation 7
- Pulpit Commentary on Revelation 7
- Matthew Henry’s Commentary on Revelation 7
Copyright © 2021 by Standard Publishing, part of the David C Cook family.
All rights reserved. Each download is for the use of one church only.